Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services posted the new proposed PPS changes on July 2nd that include changes for 2015 and introduce the 2016 Home Health (HH) Value-based Purchasing Model.
The proposal includes possible changes:
- Face-to-face encounter
- HH PPS Case-Mix Weights; Wage Index; Market Basket Adjustments; & Rebasing rate
- Therapy reassessment simplification
- HH Quality Reporting – OASIS submissions
- HH CoP changes for SLP qualifications
- 2016 HH Value-based Purchasing Model (NEW) to be piloted in 5-8 states
The comment period starts on July 7 and ends September 2, 2014, You can review and comment on the proposed changes online at http://federalregister.gov/a/2014-15736.